MeMO Pad 8 by ASUS
So for the past 2 weeks I've been trialling the brand new MeMO Pad 8 by ASUS. We've had a hell of a ride together and I'm here to tell you all about it!
I guess I'll start on the positives and give you the pros:
- Lightweight: I'm always a bit apprehensive to carry tablets in my handbag. I've had my fair share of broken bag handles due to heavy baggage but the MeMO Pad is extremely lightweight and only 7.45mm thin, I don't feel any added weight in my bag. It's like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders (pun intended).
- Battery life: After taking the MeMO Pad with me on a weekend camping trip, I experienced the 9 hour battery life first hand. Needless to say, I'm so excited to take this guy with me on my plan trip to China next month without worrying he will die on me mid flight.
- Durability: Sooo... when I first brought my cat home, one of our favourite pass times would be playing cat games (yes, there are games you can download for cats) on our tablet. Unfortunately this means I've unintentionally conditioned my furry friend to replace his scratch posts with tablets and yep, you guessed it, I left the MeMO Pad on the couch and he pounced at the opportunity (literally) and the pad fell to the floor. I haven't had time to grab any protective gear for the pad but was pleasantly surprised to see zero scratches and no screen cracks.
ASUS x Corning Gorilla Glass 3 = Winning.
- Multi-tasking: I'm the type of person that always uses more than 1 device at a time with 10 windows open in each browser and the most irritating thing when multi tasking is lag. The MeMO Pad has a great dual app function that allows you to use two apps side by side without any lag..perfecto!
- Camera: The MeMO Pad features a 5-mega pixel rear facing autofocus camera for digital camera quality images and a 1.2 megapixel front facing camera for clear video chats and selfies -> extremely important of course.
- Image editing: I'm a self confessed filter fanatic and love editing my photos. Currently my favourite editing apps include: Snapseed, Phonto and Photowonder and the new addition to my list is *drumroll* the ASUS Gallery suite of tools that are standard for every MeMO Pad 8, here is just a sample of the built-in features:
Amazing right? No need to download any extra editing apps! #ididnotwakeuplikethis
- Music: If you haven't guessed from the my huge headphones, I love listening to music while I work or just frittering away watching music videos. The MeMO Pad features dual speakers for the ultimate video music experience, a delight to my eyes and ears! (P.S Have you heard Sam Smith's latest song, Lay Me Down? Just incredible)
Now for the cons:
- Today was supposed to be an extremely efficient day dedicated to flat lays but as you can probably guess from the mess.. after shooting the MeMO Pad 8, we kind of became... inseparable. I binged on social media for the rest of the afternoon and as a result = very inefficient flat lay day. I only have the MeMO Pad to blame...
So I hope you liked my review! I've been adding different types of blog posts into the mix and would love to hear what you think.
Would you like to see more review posts or should I stick to the outfit posts?
Let me know in the comments below and have a beautiful weekend!!!
THIS BLOG POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: